Just when you thought the remake of Stephen King’s cult classic book IT, hitting the cinemas was the scariest thing to happen to you in 2017, come these horror stories of roof cleaning. Hold on to your chairs, people. Terrifying circus clowns have nothing on these tales of the grotesque, absurd, and downright frightening, from people like you who decided to… dah dah dah… (or insert your own suitably menacing music here) clean their own roof.
OK, joking over and done with. We promise. Think we’re being over the top? Well, if only we were. And in fact, there’s absolutely nothing funny about what happened to these homeowners. These guys set out to clean their own roofs and tragically suffered in the process:
In Tampa, Florida a high school principal who was cleaning his own roof fell off while he was up there. Sadly, he broke his neck and died from his injuries.
In one case, a 4-year-old boy grabbed a hold of the 2500psi pressure washer his mother had been using. While she briefly went into the house, he grabbed the pressure gun and sprayed himself in the mouth, mistaking it for a garden-hose. Luckily, the lacerations he received were not serious or life threatening.
Others haven’t been so lucky.