Ransomware is a type of sophisticated malware that encrypts files and leaves victims unable to access their files unless they pay a ransom. In recent years ransomware has been on the rise as cyber criminals look for new, more complicated ways of attacking. This year saw the biggest internet attack in history using ransomware that affected hundreds of thousands of organisations both large and small. When a business becomes victim to a ransomware attack, there can be devastating consequences as it can stop operations completely for a long time causing a huge amount of losses. No matter the size of the business, it is vital to be prepared against these attacks and know what to do if they do happen. Below are some tips for protecting your system from Ransomware:
· Ensure you have a strong antivirus installed and a security packages such as firewalls and threat prevention.
· Work alongside IT support companies in London who will provide the latest cyber protection and updates, as well as knowledge of types of cyber attacks, defence mechanisms and 24/7 support.
· Backup all data on a separate server, cloud, local storage devices or an external storage device so it is accessible should be originals be taken hostage.
· Establish a security awareness system amongst all employees where they are trained to have regularly updated passwords, be careful when clicking on email links and attachments when the sender is unknown, etc.
· Personal information about clients, staff or the company should never be shared.
A shower is one of the most important features of your bathroom, not only for function but for decorative elements also. If your shower is starting to look old or outdated, it may be time to update it, as this can freshen up the whole room. Tiles are the best way to go when updating your shower and bathroom as a whole. Below are the top bathroom tile ideas for your shower.
For style, durability and elegance choose from a range of designer tiles for your shower. Designed and manufactured by top bathroom designers, these tiles will be on trend and of top quality.
If you want a natural, spa-like effect in your shower, go for wooden effect tiles. Faux wood tiles are usually made out of ceramic or porcelain and will give a rustic, calming look to your bathroom.
As the hottest trend in bathroom tiles right now, subway tiles provide a vintage look that is timeless. Choose from a range of colours and finishes to suit your decor tastes.
Mosaic Glass Tiles
Mosaic tiles made out of glass are a great way to customise your shower and make it unique. As well as looking attractive, mosaic tiles are also durable and easy to clean.
For another natural look, rock and pebble tiles are a unique way to decorate your shower. However, as they are natural stone, they will require more work to keep them looking clean.
With so many diverse choices available, tiles are an individual choice and give a homeowner the chance to show off their style in their home. When it comes to selecting the tiles for you, there are many choices regarding colour, finish, style and material. What you might not think of however, is the size of the tile and the size of the room they will be placed in.
There are no rules when it comes to tile size, however most tile experts recommend that large format tiles will make a room look bigger. However in small rooms, large tiles can be overpowering, so sometimes it is better to place small mosaic style tiles. The best thing to do when selecting a tile size is to order a sample to check how it will look in the room. As well as the size of the space, other features can affect how a tile will look such as the amount of natural light, the height of the ceiling, available wall space and location of fixtures.
When choosing the size of the tiles, remember that grout lines will cause an impact on the final product. The more grout lines there are, the busier the space will look, therefore medium or large tiles can give the illusion of a larger space by removing the grid appearance of the grout. If a bathroom has lots of angles and fittings, large tiles may be unsuitable as they will need to be cut a lot to make them fit.
The field of healthcare is an important and rewarding career for many, especially nurses. Nursing is a wide career option that features a large range of opportunities, specialities and training. Working with people and medicine is a diverse field and having a variety of nurses with specific skills leads to more efficient care for patients. A selection of the different types of nurses in healthcare include…
Registered Nurse – An RN must have a degree in nursing and will act like a head nurse in a healthcare establishment. The RN is allowed to handle controlled substances and is responsible for handing out medication.
Licensed Practical Nurse – An LPN must study a one year college programme so they can give injections, hand out medication and offer patient care. Their responsibilities are similar to that of an RN but slightly less complicated.
Certified Nursing Assistant – CNA’s are the most basic forms of nurses but form the backbone of the healthcare field and usually see more patients than other nurses. Nursing jobs in Worthing for a CNA can be in a hospital, doctor’s surgery, a care home or almost any type of medical or care facility, and all that is required is a short training course.
Public Health Nurse – A PHN is an RN that has been trained to deal with specific health issues that affect the general public. They are responsible for giving out immunisations to children and adults, and for keeping track of the contagious diseases in the local area.
A will is an important document that you can write up at any point in your life, it is not just about your finances, but about all your final wishes after you pass away. It may feel slightly grim to think about, but it is vital to make sure everything that you want to happen will happen. Here are the eight most important things to consider when writing your will.
Make sure you have your accountant Kent or financial planner’s latest details and add this contact information in the will so financial issues can be dealt with.
List all of your assets, which is everything you own. It may be easier to organise them in to categories and to put an estimated value.
Even if some of your items do not have a significant value but are special to you, include them as well.
- Child Guardianship
If you have young children, it is beneficial to add a chosen individual to be their guardian, with specific instructions for lifestyle, education and values.
Beneficiaries are the people or organisations that will benefit from your will with gifts, property or shares.
You must appoint an executor to carry out the wishes in the will and to manage your estate.
Charities can also be includes as a beneficiary, but be specific about where the gift should go.
Include the instructions for your funeral arrangements and make sure the executor and/or family members are aware of the plans.
Infographics are a mixture of image design, writing and analysis that are a creative way of sharing data. In this day and age where the internet is a big part of consumer’s lives, visual communication is one of the most important mediums. Infographics are an ideal way of taking complicated data and presenting it in a visual way that is enjoyable to read, making them extremely effective. Companies can use their in-house designers or hire a creative marketing agency to create infographics to get their message across.
The Reasons Infographics Are So Effective:
- Costs 50% less than traditional marketing and is more effective.
- 90% of information transmitted to the brain is visual. People usually remember 80% of what they see and do, 20% of what they read and 10% of what they hear, making visual communication the most effective tool.
- An infographic is 30 times more likely to be read compared to a text article.
- Traffic grows quicker when using infographics.
- They are perfect for use as a branding tool.
- Convey a lot of information in a small space.
- 60% of buyers seek out a product after reading about it.
If you are looking for a way to bring your brand identity to life using visual communication, do not hesitate to use infographics. Click here to find out more information on creating infographics, sharing information and generating images to bring your marketing to life and increase your brand awareness.
The weather in the UK can be hard to predict, no matter what the season. If you are trying to plan a day out but are worried about the rain, why not plan an exciting indoor day trip that the weather cannot ruin. Here are 4 ideas of weather-proof days out.
The SNO!zone attractions, located in Glasgow, Milton Keynes and Castleford, are climate controlled all year round to create the perfect snow conditions for skiing, snowboarding and tobogganing. If you are trying to escape the cold there is also crazy golf, laser quest, climbing walls, pubs and restaurants.
- F1 Driving Experience
This driving experience Surrey is the UK’s only full motion F1 simulation venue. Members of groups can each have their own simulator and race around the track in a realistic formula 1 race.
There are a number of interesting aquariums across the country such as the London aquarium. The Deep in Hull is classed as the world’s only submarium where you can walk through the deepest viewing tunnel in Europe and go on a glass lift that takes you through 10m of water to see 3,500 species of fish and 40 sharks.
- Mercedes Benz World
This free admission day out has something for everyone. With off-road driving experiences for adults and children, driving lessons and a museum with interactive exhibits, 3D simulations and historic racing and road cars to see, a day spent here is interesting, educational and fun.
Country weddings are popular all across the UK with beautiful settings from forests to fields and barns to hotels, there are many ways to do it. A wedding with a country theme tends to be more laid back and rustic compared to other themes, and certainly makes guests feel more comfortable. Here are 5 rustic wedding ideas that are perfect for country weddings Sussex and across the nation:
- Chalkboards – one coat of chalkboard paint and some chalk can turn anything in to a chalkboard, which offers a rural, handmade appeal. Use chalkboards for the menus, place cards, seating arrangements or something more.
- Plants and flowers – of course every wedding should have flowers, but for a rustic country wedding there should be green and bloom everywhere. Plants and flowers give the feeling of the countryside and improve the atmosphere no matter what type of venue the wedding is in.
- Simplicity – Country weddings are supposed to be simple, and the rustic look is easy to create. Instead of matching furniture and table linens, use wooden tables with vintage style chairs for a cute, mismatched look.
- Snacks – As well as offering a meal for guests, snacks are also a great idea for later on. Wedding receptions can be long days and guests will need refuelling, especially if they are dancing the night away. A nice gesture is to offer small snacks such as cookies, crackers and even roasted marshmallows to match the outdoor theme.
If a household has 2 bathrooms, the best option is to place a bathtub in the larger of the two and a shower in the small bathroom. However if there is only one bathroom in the property and not enough room to install both, it leaves the decision of having a bathtub or a shower unit. When looking at designer bathrooms Surrey, there will be a large selection of walk-in shower units and bathtubs with shower heads incorporated. When comparing the two, there are certain points that can help sway the decision.
- Space – Bathtubs require more floor space compared to shower units, so if the bathroom is very small then there is likely less choice and a shower should be installed.
- Design – Both shower units and bathtubs come in a range of sleek designs that can add beauty and style to a bathroom.
- Water – Shower enclosure usually keep the floor completely dry as the water is contained, whereas bathtubs with showers can cause the floor to get very wet every time they are used.
- Residents – Bathtubs are usually a more popular choice for families with young children or even elderly members, as they are easier to use compared to showers.
- Property Value – If you are planning on selling your property in the near future then remember that in houses with one bathroom a bathtub is usually preferred by buyers compared to only having a shower unit. A property value can sometimes be reduced with a shower-only property.
Planning the design and layout of a bathroom can be one of the most difficult rooms in the house to get right. Fixtures and furniture must be placed in the plan, but the most important part to plan ahead for is the tiles. When planning and buying bathroom tiles Reading and nationwide there are certain tips to make sure everything goes according to plan:
- Plan the layout
If you are renovating a bathroom or starting from scratch, you must first think about the layout of the room and where the main fixtures and furniture will be placed. Then you can plan where the tiles will be needed on the floor and walls.
- Think about design
Next in the plan is the design vision for the room. Have a clear idea of the overall style of the bathroom such as modern, retro or natural. The style of the bathroom will help to pick out the tiles that will be used, so that they match the design of everything else.
- Find out about materials
There are a number of different tiles that are made from different materials, each that have a different price and several advantages. Ceramic and porcelain are most commonly used as they are inexpensive, come in a variety of designs and are durable. There are also numerous textured stones that are available as tiles such as granite, slate, marble, sandstone, limestone, quarzite and travertine that bring a natural look to the room.